Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm busted- Yes, I am having a love affair. Her name is Pinterest!

It was so unexpected. It has been hot and heavy. I can't get enough of it. Ok- I will stop with the innuendos, but I know I am not the only one who has fallen hard and fast for Pinterest. Where do I start? I joined over the holidays because I heard it was the "newest" thing, and I am always up for trying something new. I might also add, I have tried many social media outlets and while many of those accounts sit, stale and untouched, Pinterest has been gaining more and more of my attention. It is the only social media site that has even come close to interesting me as much as Facebook, and I dare I say it... Pinterest is my new #1!

What makes me love it so?
It has so many great ideas that I think I might attempt to try out. The best part is, I can pin these things to a board and when my hectic life allows me "free time" I can pull the board up and pick out the pin I want to try. I admit I have only tried one thing from my 7 Boards, 189 Pins and 87 Likes. Who cares! There is no guilt associated with dreaming. That is part of the fun.

Girl power, no boys allowed?
Yes, it is true. Pinterest is mostly occupied by women. I have heard guys talk badly about it or not understand the reason us ladies love it so much. Men don't understand Women most of the time because our brains function differently. It is the same with Pinterest. Women are visual. We like pretty things. Do you know a Women who loves Shoes or Purses in a way that seems unhealthy? This is the same thing! Women don't wear beautiful, uncomfortable clothes and shoes for Men. They wear them because they are visually beautiful and a compliment from another Women means we were right!
There are some guys who appreciate Pinterest and I know my husband appreciates the ideas I give to him that are from Pinterest. He would never admit it, but I think he hints around when he wants an idea that he thinks I probably have from Pinterest. For example, he recently asked me, who can't cook anything that doesn't go in the microwave, "Do you have any thoughts on St. Patrick's themed foods or drinks?". I should have just opened up my Spring Board and let him take a look.

 
How does Pinterest relate to Real Estate?
Easy! Need to spruce up your decor, your landscaping, your furniture. There are so many diy ideas on making pillow covers, planting cute herb gardens, painting ugly old furniture. Directions and pictures make it seem like anyone can do it. All of these things help make your house a home that you are proud of.

Even if you aren't the most tech savvy person, Pinterest is fun and easy. Come on, you know you want to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment